Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Ditto

I just want to agree with Don, Shelly, Lynda and Susan's thoughts on the funeral. It was one that I think Dad would have enjoyed. I found out later that Mom really couldn't hear any of it - so she thought it was a little too long... but what are you going to do. I wish she would have told me that she normally wears a hearing boost when she is in church. I could have got her one for the funeral. But we did get one on Sunday that is checked out in her name so that now when we are at church she can hear what is going on.

Kenny asked me for a copy of everyone's memories that I used in my talk. I didn't use what everyone sent - then it really would have been too long. So I am going to e-mail him what you all e-mailed me. So, if you did not send me anything - send it now and I will compile them all and send them to anyone that wants it.

Mom went to Globe yesterday for the day. She got some stuff done, her mailing address changed, her paper stopped etc... She is staying here the next few days to go the the hearing center and the eye dr. She wants to go back up at the end of the week to do a little bit more organizing on her own. Next week I will go up to help for a few days. She wants everyone to let her know what they want. I will keep everyone posted here on the blog of the things that might be of interest to anyone. But if there is something you already know that you want, let me know. She is planning to keep the hospital bed, and one of the newer couches (from the front room at the old house) and her lazy-boy chair. She wants to know if anyone wants the camping trailer or any of the furniture. Don't be shy, e-mail me with your lists. jolene593@msn.com
She thinks someone asked about the piano - but she can't remember who. I don't know if Ashley or Saralyn or Brian might want some things to start their households with. There is plenty of stuff!!

I think mom is doing great. She went to Devon's baseball game with us last night - she fell asleep during a little bit of it - but she is looking forward to the championship game on Thursday. She is hoping to go with Kenny and Ling to Oregon at the end of the month and visit with her sisters in California. We love having her here in our home - and are being very possessive about it. Nicole is her shadow and I think mom is kind of relying on her some. They are rarely apart from each other.

I love you all - I know this is long. Sorry.
Jolene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home