Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sad Day

Today is a sad day but it is a day of so many other emotions as well. I am so happy to be part of such a wonderful family that supports and loves one another. I am so grateful to have a knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and to know that the temple covenants we have made will enable us to be together forever if we live worthily. I am concerned for Mom and hope that her wishes for these next few days are met. I am relieved that Moms wishes for Dad to die peacefully and comfortably were met this morning. I am nervous for the funeral and all of these people who will see me for the first time in many years and think "boy, she's fat!". I am comforted in the knowledge that my Heavenly Father loves me and answers my prayers. I am hopeful that my children will understand what a good man their grandpa was and know how much he loved them. I am heartbroken that he wont be here for priesthood ordinations, baptisms, graduations, missions and weddings.

I was able to spend some time alone with dad and I told him what a comfort it has always been in my life to never question his love for me. I could do some pretty rotten things and know that he would still love me. He said, "You're my sugan, .... I love you..... lots." But his last words to me were as I was telling him last night that we were going to leave, and his neighbors alarm was going off, and he said, "Is this a raid?" So... I'll always have that. :)

Jolene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home