Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Friday, June 30, 2006

What's Happening in NM!

I'm assuming that, since Dad knows all about the Pinals! that he is home. I will try to get in touch with you today, Dad! Prolly too early right now!

I know that the reunion is sometime in July but I'm not sure of the date. Somebody please let me know if we have set a date so I can arrange our schedule. Anywhere you all want to have it is fine with us over here.

All is pretty quiet on the Call front. Amanda will come home from Girl's Camp today. Hopefully she didn't get too wet and had a lot of fun. Their theme was "Boot Camp" and they were supposed to ride horses (Adam never did THAT at boot camp!) and go rappelling. She packed in Adam's duffle bag and resisted the temptation to take all of his camo that was packed away in it!!!!

Marion, Bethany, Jalenna, Amanda and I went to the colonies last weekend to go to the Temple and mail Adam a package (so it wouldn't have to go through customs). We were running a little late to get to the Temple by 10 (they only have 2 sessions: 10 am and 6 pm) so Marion took a bypass around Casas Grandes. While we were stopped at a light we noticed a pair of missionaries hitchhiking. Thinking of Adam, we stopped to see where they were trying to go. They were on splits and needed to get to a village about 45 minutes away to get their companions back. So we decided that we would take them instead of going to the Temple. That might seem really stupid since that was one of our main reasons for going down there, but anyone who has had a missionary in the field will understand why we did it! We left Elder Woodward (from Idaho) in Galiana and then brought Elder Davis (from Utah) and Elder Corero (from....guess where......MONTERREY!!!!) back to Casas Grandes. We pumped Elder Corero for information about Monterrey and felt very close to Adam by serving the missionaries. When we got them settled we went to mail Adam's package. A 28 pound package cost us the same as a 4 pound package would cost to send from here ($22)! And when he e-mailed us Wednesday he already had the package!!! Can't beat that! I bet the homemade bread wasn't even moldy!! Adam's new Mission President comes tomorrow. He is sure sad to see the old one go, but glad he got a month with him. He is in Marion's Uncle Eran's Ward so I'm sure we will get to meet him and Adam will get to visit with him again.

We are going to Carlsbad Monday to spend the 4th with Saralyn and Eric. We are anxious to see their new home (they close on the 14th) and I am anxious to make sure that Saralyn is feeling better. The doctor gave her some medication and she says it is helping, but you know me, I need to see for myself! Marion, Bethany, Amanda and Tyler will see them on Saturday also (Saralyn's birthday!!!) at Eric's sister's wedding in Anthony, NM. Jalenna and I have to work so we can't go.

Sorry this has turned out to be so long.....especially since I started out by saying how quiet it has been!!!! Hopefully I'll talk to you later Daddy!

Lynda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home