Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Maybe this is crazy.....

I know we are all together right now, and we set up this blog so that we can all keep in touch, AND so many of you are here from out of town and away from your computers..... BUT I feel so much better when I am able to write some of these thoughts down. I know I should probablly be following the counsel of the prophets and keeping a regular journal, I do try, and I MAKE the kids do it, but this is just easier for me at the moment.

I didn't have the best feeling after the "family meeting" last night. I know I was really tired, and that probablly had a lot to do with how I felt when it was over. I also know that we are all grieving and perhaps, handling our grief in different ways. But, I was really hoping that last night was going to be a night of planning, and also of comforting each other and laughing and reminiscing. Instead, I felt like I couldn't get away fast enough. I hope that doesn't offend anyone. I love all of you so much. I think maybe with all eight of us trying to do what is right by Mom and trying to honor Dad's wishes it was just too much. Or maybe, I am just being the spoiled little sister who expected a little bit more hand holding and Kumba Ya singing.

My point of saying all of this is really to tell you all that I love you. I know that when all of the funeral stuff is over, I will be relieved, as I am sure the rest of you will. I hope I didn't offend anyone and if I did - I am truly sorry. Let's make it through these next few days loving and caring for each other and mom. I am looking forward to being in the temple with all of you tomorrow afternoon. So far, I have told everyone the 5:30 session - I hope that is what you are all planning.

Thank you Lonny for taking charge last night and thank you Lynda for calling me today and suggesting lunch. Big kisses from the little sister----

Jolene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home