Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Post-Funeral Thoughts

Hello, All!

I felt like yesterday was WONDERFUL! Saw so many people I had no idea who they were. I wish there would have been time to meet each of them and learn of their connection. Uncle Ellis pointed out to me that at a funeral so many different types of people come together and the only person who knows all of them is the one in the casket!

Whoever had the idea of the girls singing- God bless you! They were such a good addition to the program and it was so neat tobe able to catch up with them during the luncheon.

As I watched how the grandkids handled their song I was impressed with the range of emotions. Many of them will never know how fun Dad was because they never knew him to be healthy. The older ones were all definitely affected. A friend once told me that there is nothing like a funeral to soften the heart of a teen.

I wish we had planned some kind of get together AFTER the graveside service. That was the only downside to me of having the luncheon in between. Without that, though, I don't know if I could have made it through our song.

My love goes out to each of you. It was such a strengthening feeling to just be in your presence. I appreciated Jolene's thought that there has never been any step-this, or half-that amongst us. For me it goes for the in-laws as well- you are all my brothers and sisters and I thank God for each and every one of you.

I echo Jolene's thoughts on another post- thanks to Lonny for taking charge during the planning meeting. Thanks to Kenny as well for being the Old Goat now! I hope you will grab the bull (or goat) by the horns and call some kind of reunion together at some point. Dad was a unifying influence among our geographically scattered family. I hope this website can replace what has been lost there.

I love you all!

Don

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home