Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Sabbath To All

Hi Family!

My life has changed so much since Adam left. Those of you who know me well know that I am way too attached to my kids. I still haven't adjusted to Saralyn leaving home....6 years ago!!! When I set the table I say in my mind, "Okay, there are 8 of us...Saralyn isn't here, Bethany isn't here and Adam isn't here so that makes 5." I tried to fight it, but it's just the way I am! Anyway, I'm having trouble getting back to normal and finding a new routine...he's been gone 6 months, I should be adjusted by now! I'm so thankful that he is where he is and I wouldn't want him anywhere else, but I still cry every day and sometimes I miss him so much that I want to scream. I'm thankful he is doing so well. A boy from our Ward just returned from the Monterrey East mission (Adam is in the Monterrey West mission). They just took part of the East mission and put it into the West mission. Kyle was in one of the areas affected and was able to train the West missionaries on the area. They all knew Adam and had very good things to say about him. Sorry, I'm bragging and I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it!!!

We stayed with Saralyn last weekend. She is getting big. It was fun to feel the baby kick and it was fun to see Saralyn so excited about the baby. Amanda and Jalenna helped her paint the nursery while Tyler and I went to the Caverns. It was a great time. I just pray that sometime soon she will have a desire to make her family eternal.

Bethany was just called to the RS presidency in her Ward. She has a lot on her plate this semester. But she is handling it all beautifully for now.

Jalenna is busy at school as the VP of her class. She was put in as the Mia Maid president today. She will be very busy, but likes it that way.

Amanda is surviving marching band. Pretty girls should not play big sousaphones! We only have 3 more weeks of marching. Our big competition is Saturday, October 28 in Las Cruces. All are invited to attend! She looks forward to concert band. She is auditioning for All State and I think she has a pretty good chance of making it. I think she is auditioning mostly in honor of Adam. He really wants to see her make All State all 4 years of High School. I wish he was here to help her prepare. He is sure proud of his little sister. She is also going to try out for the basketball team. At 5'9" the coaches are after her! She has never played before, but is willing to give it a shot (no pun intended!!!)

Tyler is very busy. He is over-involved in the after school programs...Bike Club, Rythm and Dance Club, Ballet Folklorico, and Show Choir. He is also taking percussion lessons at the High School. He is learning to play the drum set. HELP!!!! It's a little noisy! Do we HAVE to help them develop their talents? Do they HAVE to choose the loudest instruments????? He is so busy that he doesn't have time to go to the scout meetings, so we have been doing his scouting together here at home.

Marion and I are just trying to keep up with all the craziness. It has gotten easier since Jalenna got her driver's license. But now I worry about her all the time!!! I also have a better schedule at work this year. I am only there from 9-1.

I know all of you in the Valley can't relate to this, but I am dreading winter coming. We have had such a beautiful summer and I'm not ready for the cold.

All in all things are going well. I'm trying to keep my chin up and go forth with faith. I'm so thankful for our family and hope we can keep in touch.

Love you all,
Lynda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home