Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Grandma's Birthday

I don't know what the heck happened to my post - it just disappeared. I don't know if I can write it again - I was bawling my eyes out....

Yesterday would have been Grandma Goodman's 94th birthday. It was sad for me, because Dad and I always tried to do something together each year on October 3rd. We were at lunch together when Mom called and said that Grandma had passed away. In the 14 years since, we have tried to go out to lunch or at least talk on the phone on Grandma's b-day.

I thought about going to the cemetery yesterday - but couldn't do it. I have gone twice with Mom but never by myself. I know Dad is not there, but just the thought of going yesterday was too emotional. I know this year of "firsts" will be hard. We will have all of our holidays without him, Kali will get baptized, Devon will be getting the Aaronic priesthood in January - all of these momentous, happy occasions will be tinged with a bit of sadness because Dad won't be there.

I know this is very melancholy - but you all know I am a huge bawl baby. We were thinking about going to UT for Thanksgiving - but are having second thoughts because I feel a need to be with my own family this year. Is everyone going to try and be together? If everyone can't do Thanksgiving - maybe we can all try and get together around Christmas or Dad's birthday.

I love you all -
Jolene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home