Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Friday, October 06, 2006

Just me again

A little while ago, I noticed people weren't blogging as often as they used to here. I tried not to put too much on - or just wait until someone else posted before I posted again. But today, I remembered that the reason I started this blog was to have some place to express my feelings and thoughts that I would like to share with anyone in the family who might care about reading them. I was hoping that other people would want to too. I was talking to Lisa the other day about writing in my journal. I used to be really consistent with it. I was doing really well until July. The last time I wrote in my journal was when we were driving up to Duck Creek for our 4th of July getaway with Alan's family. While we were there was when Jeremy called and told us we should come home. I haven't written in my journal since.

I realize that someone down the line who might read my journals might want to know what I was thinking or feeling during that time. But I have had too hard of a time trying to think it and feel it, that I don't think I could write it. I'm working myself up to it.

Alan golfed at the Biltmore today. He has been golfing a lot more often than he used to. He says his game is in the low 80s - I guess that is good - my only real exposure to golf is watching Alan play Tiger Woods on PS2. I have a sneaking suspicion that ever since his brother Will got his PGA card that Alan has been secretly hoping that he could still beat him. They really grew up playing golf all of the time and Alan was always able to beat Will, and then beat his Dad... and then we got married, and we were poor and he just went a while without playing. It was during that time that Will decided to follow his dream to go pro. We are so proud of him that he is
finally doing it.

I am preparing my lesson for Young Womens on Sunday. I really hate that I am the one that has to teach this lesson on physical fitness and nutrition. It seems pretty ironic. Although, I am trying - working out every day and trying to limit my sweets etc... I know something has to change - I am going on the pioneer trek in March and if I can't shape up - I'm afraid I will die out there on the plains like so many REAL pioneers.

I know that I am bossy, and hard to get a long with some time - but I hope you all will believe me when I tell you how much I love and appreciate each one of you.

Jolene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home