Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I Agree!

I also echo Joe's desire to all be together. However, after being down there last week, I would have to say that you all would have to come here! That heat is too much for me!!! I do like the shopping, though! Hmmm.......heat and shopping and family, or cool and nowhere to shop but Wal-Mart and no family. Seems like a no-brainer!!!

As for the Mom situation...we all grieve in different ways. I'm sure she is trying to keep busy so she won't think. She will have to face it sometime, but she has to do it in her own way and at her own time. I'm glad she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to tell us to get lost so she can do it her own way! She has proven to all of us over the years how strong and determined she is! Why should now be any different!!!!!

I hope you are feeling better, Joe. Pneumonia is not a good thing anytime, but particularly frustrating in the summer!

Not much going on here. Just trying to get through pool season. Band has already started. They are putting a new roof on the high school and apparently didn't have cover on when a big storm hit. Our band room leaked and ruined a lot of percussion equipment, a set of lockers and the carpet. It smells like an old hotel room in there!! I don't know what they have been doing, but my office looks like a war zone. They have taken down ceiling tiles and there is an inch of dust EVERYWHERE. Not a good way to start the school year. I don't think they will have it ready for us before school starts....we will have to start out in the auditorium. When you work for the State of New Mexico it's always something!!! But the band sounds good and we are off to a good start. Amanda is in high school this year. She isn't liking the sousaphone much! We put ice hot on her shoulder every night! Poor thing. At least she grew and isn't that scrawny little girl that I was imagining having to carry that big ole thing! When I get a schedule I will post it and invite any and all of you to come see our little wonder band!!! We are UP to 30 this year!

Love you all,
Lynda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home