Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's Been a While!

Hey Everyone!

I has been so long since I have had time to sit down and write that I have TONS to say....so go to the bathroom, grab a snack (if you're allowed to eat at the computer!) and I'll try to get up to date!

First of all, I missed Brian's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!) and Jaree's shower (HOPE YOU HAD FUN JAREE!) and Taylor's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!) and Lonny's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY LONNY!) and I'm not sure of the days on Tanner and Alli's birthdays so HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER AND ALLI. I hope all of you had a great time. We need to get a family calendar together!

I missed all of you at our anniversary party. Our kids did a fantastic job of throwing us a really fun party. We had a really good dinner. Then they had a video presentation on a big TV they had set up. Bethany had taken our old photo album (and I mean OLD!!!!!) and put together a slide show (some of it was a little embarassing!) and Adam had sent a video clip. I knew he had sent something by e-mail but wasn't prepared to see him and hear his voice. It took me quite a while to get myself back together after that, but then they brought out a beautiful cake with our original wedding cake topper on it. Before we cut the cake Marion knelt down and asked me to spend the next 25 years with him and gave me my ring! It had lost a stone and he had it replaced. I didn't even notice the ring was gone for 3 weeks!!! We had a wonderful time and it was good to have both of our mothers here to help us celebrate. There were about 35 people at the party. I wish all of you could have been there.

We also had a wonderful weekend with the kids. Of course, we REALLY missed Adam. But we were all together from Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon. Going to church together and taking up a whole pew again was really nice.

Tuesday we took off to visit with Bethany at her house in Las Cruces and then we went on to Carlsbad to see Saralyn's new home. It is so pretty. We had a really good time there, too. We got home late Thursday night because Tyler had to go back to school (on his birthday! what kind of present is that???) The girls start Monday. Hard to believe Amanda is in high school. She is a little nervous but her locker is right next to Jalenna's (not sure Jalenna is happy about that!!!) so she can (and will) help her out. It is nice to see sisters as close together as they are be good friends. And the bonus....with Amanda's locker right next to hers and the school splitting lunches (Freshmen and Sophomores have A lunch and Juniors and Seniors have B lunch) we are hoping for a crimp in Jalenna's love life!!!! What an evil mother I am!!! Bwa Ha Ha!!!!

So school is in full swing again Monday and I am sure not ready for summer to be over. Seems like it went so fast this year and I didn't get to spend much time with my kids. I will get to spend a lot of time with Amanda this year at school, but Jalenna quit band and I sure will miss her. Tyler has decided not to play soccer this year. It was a really hard decision, but he couldn't do soccer and be in the rhythm and dance program or the bike club or the Ballet Folklorico group he has been in or take the drum set lessons he is going to start next week because his practices would be at the same time. He loves soccer and is really good at it. Sometimes life's choices are very difficult. I hope he made the right decision. It will be nice not to have to take him to practice in Silver everyday. They don't have soccer out here. But I will miss watching him play.

Well I'm sure I have bored you to death. I miss all of you and hope to see you soon. My best friend's daughter is getting married Friday in the Mesa Temple so we will be down for the day. The wedding is at 9:30 and there is a luncheon afterwards then we will need to jet home. So I will think of all of you while I am there and wish I could get to see you. We'll try to make it down soon. You are ALWAYS welcome here!

Love you all,
Lynda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home