Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Chili 4 Me and Letter to Us

I know I would like a lifetime supply of chili. I don't know how much that is, but I would like that much. Since Mom has a buyer for all of it, I will gladly buy it for whatever it costs. Just let me know. I heard Mom was going to Oregon with Kenny & Ling. When is that trip? Is she doing that?
When Dad passed away, I spammed everyone on his contact list to let them know about the funeral. I have been getting a lot of letters from his friends and I think I should be sharing them. I have learned a lot about Dad lately and I'm really proud of him. I promise to share what hear from now on. The letter below is from a friend that Dad really cared a lot about. I felt like I knew this family because Dad talked about them so much. This man found out that he had to battle cancer about the same time Dad did. When Dad died, Phil was in the hospital recovering from surgery. His family didn't tell him about Dad for 3 days because they only wanted good thoughts.

Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 11:15 AM
Subject: RE: For your family

I apologize for the delay but I have my reasons.
The most imperative of which were my med problems, pill popping and inability to write
lucidly about something so important to me.

To begin, I must confess that I feel strangely cheated.
I am envious of those of you who were able to be with him either before or during his passing
and at his services.

In a way my not seeing him is very much like our friendship.
He and I met face to face only three times in our lives.
Once in a Mexican restaurant in Globe with Carlene and Vera, once in a sushi restaurant in Tucson with Bernie Burba, who by the way, introduced us via email some time back.

Email and an occasional phone call were our lifelines.

They were perhaps, even more than lifelines, blood lines might be a better description.
They certainly bonded us as close as family.
It didn't take long for my wife and daughters to also become a part of that relation.

Internet communication was not really the bonding agent.

What tied us together was our shared love of family, country, and God in all aspects and
the ability to see the humor in life and love.

In my 74 years I have never had a better friend or known a better man.

The tears came easily and without shame.
I shall remember and miss Jose for the rest of my life.

You are a fortunate family to have had him.
May you continue to be blessed.

Phil Martignetti

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home