Draper, Harper, Goodman, Call and Ridd

I have a family here on earth. They are so good to me. I want to share my life with them through all eternity...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Gilbert, AZ, United States

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Happy Sunday

After reading Lisa's post and talking to her a little bit - I was wondering if everyone has that CD that she was referring to. It is called Of God and Country and has some of Dad's favorite hymns and patriotic songs. If anyone would like me to make a copy of that and send it to them I would be glad to do it.

I taught the lesson in YW today. It was on avoiding the degrading influences of the media. It was such a good lesson - I really think the girls did some thinking. I know I did as I was preparing it. I don't really watch that much t.v. but I do love one reality show - watching it after preparing this lesson was a little depressing. I don't think I had noticed how many "bleeps" were in it before.

Anyway, I thought I would share a poem that was in the lesson. I have also heard it quoted at General Conference. It is by Alexander Pope:

Vice is a monster of so frightful mien,
As to be hated needs but to be seen.
Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face,
We first endure, then pity, then embrace.
I hope everyone has a great week! I'm looking forward to seeing some of you at our BBQ tomorrow!
Jolene

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home